We make every effort possible to provide you with quick turnaround service. However, the biggest factor for authentication delay is if photos are not submitted properly or if a particular photo is missing. With this in mind, please look over our photography do’s and don’t to ensure that you are sending the photos of what we need to see as well in the format we need to see them.
Shots We Need For Authentication
- Front, back, bottom and sides
- Date code (shot closer up, straight on, no numbers concealed. If the bag doesn’t have one, let us know so that we aren’t delaying your order for it.
- Trademark heat stamps and embossing (anywhere it says “Louis Vuitton” or the brand name stamped on the leather. (shoot this straight on and close up)
- Lining (the inside of the bag)
- Close up pictures of all of the hardware w/engravings (zipper pull, zipper head, snaps, d-rings, rivets, etc.)
- Any box, dust bag, receipt, paperwork, or tags (optional)
- We can never have too many pictures, so don’t be afraid to shoot several of the same spot. If what we need is not shown, we will let you know what we need to see.
Authentication Photography Do’s
- Upload via the fields below or send photos via file sharing service Dropbox.com (if you don’t have either, just emailing them is fine)
- Make sure the settings are so that “anyone” can view your photos. Our experts are not at the same email address so the “anyone” setting is important.
- Send individual large, in focus, high-resolution photos (larger than a mobile screenshot please).
- Include your order name or order email on all correspondence
- Use a standard camera to take photos. It does not have to be a professional camera. A good camera phone with a high quality camera is sufficient.
- Provide multiple photos of the markings, just to be sure we receive usable quality photos.
- Take all photos in natural lighting at straight on angles.
- Make sure your photos are facing right side up. Not sideways or upside down.
Authentication Photography Don’t
- Submit blurry or out of focus photos. High resolution, in focus, photos are required.
- Submit photos inserted into the body of the email – they must be sent as full-size ATTACHMENTS.
- Submit photos without your order name or correct email.
- Submit photos that are too small. They should be at least 2 MB or larger.
- Submit collages, PDF’s or screenshots.
- Submit 1 photo per email.
- Email photos from a different email address than what you stated in your order (just reference the correct email if different).
- Submit photos in zipped files or anything that needs to be downloaded.
- Use flash unless absolutely necessary. It distorts colors and washes out the view.
- Take photos from angles. Everything needs to be straight on, otherwise, it becomes distorted.
- Send your photos to us directly from Dropbox. We are unable to identify the link and/or your email address.
- Any of these methods might result in the delay of your authentication
Finalize Your Authentication Order
If you have already paid for your authentication order but not yet submitted the photography yet, please direct back to the Authentication Submission page linked below.